Dear Middle School Parents/Guardians,
MEAP testing time is upon us. The Michigan Educational Assessment Program (MEAP) assesses students in grades 3 - 9 based on the Michigan Curriculum Framework. The MEAP testing window begins on Tuesday, October 13, 2009 and runs through October 29, 2009. It is very important to have your child here every day and on time during these weeks. All students in the 7th through 8th grades will be tested on reading and math. In addition, seventh graders will be taking a writing test, and eighth graders will be taking a science test.
Here are some suggestions that will give your child every opportunity to perform to the best of his or her ability on the MEAP:
- It is very important that your child goes to bed at a reasonable hour.
- A healthy breakfast helps test performance.
- Cheerful and encouraging words help put the test in its proper perspective.
- Number 2 pencils are needed for the test.
- Cell phones are not to be displayed.
- If a child wears glasses, please ensure that they arrive with the child.
- Most importantly, please encourage your child to put forth a good effort in taking the test.
MEAP test results are anticipated in the late spring, and a copy will be sent to you.
Thanking you for your cooperation and dedication to your child’s education.
Principal Rod Prewitt